CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Natural Rabbit Repellent - Tested Last Week


(Picture is of my son and our rabbit at home)


Natural Rabbit Repellent - Tested Last Week!





Dear Members,





A while back I heard from some friends that raise sheep that a little sheep's wool sprinkled in the garden will repel rabbits. It sounded worth a try to me...so I kept it in mind for this summer. However, we have not had any rabbits around at all. Perhaps they all got "flooded out" or something? However, I did manage to test the results anyway.





I found an old sheepskin in my closet and (completely forgetting the sheepskin/rabbit relationship) thought that it looked very snugly and that my free-roaming house-rabbit would love to sit on it in front of the air-conditioning vent that is her absolute favorite place to sit. So I placed the sheep-skin there while she was eating her hay one day. I "knew" she would try it out soon and was eager to see how happy she would be since she spends about 80% of her time by the vent and loves it there!





However, once I placed the sheepskin there she completely avoided the vent. She would not go near it at all for three days. Finally I remembered the sheepswool/rabbit relationship and moved the sheepskin. It took her a full 4 days to decide that the AC vent was a suitable place to sit again.





So guess where the sheepskin is now? It is serving as a bed to all my computer and printer electrical cords. I don't think I will have any trouble with bunny chewing my cords anymore!





Blessings & Health,


Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND


http://www.herbnhome.com/


http://www.theavicennainstitute.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I wonder what they don't like about it...but it is a good idea. I STILL want a house rabbit but I have to wait until DH gets the cord issue under control here (he temporarily has cables duct taped to the floor downstairs until he can run it through the ceiling - he hates cords showing so that will be great to keep future bunny from chewing). I'll commit this tip to memory!